Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm back!

I know it's been awhile. Just been busy and under the weather again. Ben and I keep catching colds. I'm not sure why. Ben has strep throat again and I have another cold that went straight to my chest. Once again I am thinking I have allergies too. I know I've said this every spring since I had Katie. My mother is going to investigate what allergy meds we could take that won't make us drowsy or out of it. I can't live on sinus over the counter medication!

Anyway, we are welcoming SPRING, I think. It is warm one day, cold the next. Sunny one day, gloomy the next. Sometimes it changes back and forth during one day. Oh how we love New England. Gram's daffadils are popping up all over the yard. It's amazing how many she has around the yard. They are bright yellow, light yellow and white. So pretty. The crocus plants have popped too.
Jason has been working really hard out in the yard. I've tried, but need it to be a little warmer. It has taken several weeks but he is finally happy with the back side yard. As you remember we had a new septic system put in in the Fall and it was all dirt. He had to level it out and get all the rocks out so he could plant new grass. Jason likes to do things himself. We do not hire help. So, it's taken him awhile. It didn't help that the tractor broke down several times and we've had rain which soaks it and turns it into mud! The end result will be well worth it!

Grandpa Walter is doing well. He is anxiously awaiting his next audiological appt. at the VA in two weeks. He is hoping to be in the final stage of getting his hearing aides! I tell you, they've made him go for more pointless appointments it's crazy and very frustrating. We keep warning him when he does get them, he may regret it. He'll be able to hear all the noise in the house!
This past week he had some more skin cancer removed. It knocked him down for a few days and today he went out to the store. The people at Shaw's must have missed him!

Katie has been enjoying the loft. She loves to stay up and read and go to bed in quiet. She is done with swim lessons for now and anxiously awaits swimming in a pool and at the lake come warm weather. We are trying something new this Spring. She wants to try soccer. She is excited and thinks she will like it. She watched her friend Mady play last fall and wants to give it a try. I say SURE! This is the time to try sports and see what you like. We know she does not like T-Ball.

Ben on the other hand can't wait to try T-Ball. In our new town he can play at age 4 Phew! He tried on the glove Jason bought for him two years ago and announced it did not fit. To big. He needs one that his fingers fit in. We'll work on that.
His behavior has been fine and is so proud of himself. He talks non-stop and doesn't miss anything. Lately he's been asking a lot about dying. He really wants to know why we can't see Bubala anymore. He's really trying to make sense of Heaven and why people stay there. Oh the joys of the questioning child!

I've been puttering along. I keep getting these colds which make me cranky. Oh well.
We had a good Easter, celebrating the day with both sides of the family. At 6am we met up with Jason's family at the Westbrook Beach. We had our own sunrise service. We all read a part and watched the sun rise. We then headed to Denny's for a yummy breakfast and time to catch up with everyone. Aunt Marcella and Paul stayed at our house so we had some extra time with them. Then it was off to my sister's house for the afternoon. Walter came with us. The kids had fun on a Egg Hunt and all played well together. We enjoyed catching up and saw Mike's brother, Sean, who recently came back from his second tour of Iraq with the Marines. We are all thankful for his safe return.

Last weekend I had a very fun Girls Overnight with my 3 Girlfriends. We first went out to celebrate my 35th birthday, let's not discuss, and ate yummy Mexican food and of course drinks! Then off to a hotel where we would be SCRAPBOOKING the Day Away on Saturday!! My sister and Fran were there too and we had lots of fun. I only embarressed my sister a few times with my screeches and snorts. Sorry, but when I get with these girls it's non-stop laughs! We all got lots done, ate some candy, drank some coffee and shared lots of laughs!
Ahh girlfriends!

So that's a quick snapshot of the last month. Now for some pictures.

No comments: