Here are a few pictures of Ben's party, he was all over the place so I don't have many pics of just him. I don't want to post ones with his friends since I don't have all their permission. Trust me, they had a blast!



The next day, Nana + Poppy and Amy and her family came over to celebrate. This was the first year I didn't have a BIG family and friends party in addition to Katie's friend party, Ben's party at child care/preschool and Katie's treats for her school party.
I bring it on myself because, I always feel so guilty that their birthdays are 3 days a part and I feel like they need their own separate day but also time with family and friends. Well, it gets to be a lot of planning, money, buying what seems like 5 cakes and stress on my part! I make way to big of a deal about things.
So,this year I decided for 2 separate parties and I hope everyone will understand. I know my friends who's children weren't invited to the parties will understand.We have a few sets of friends who all have older boys that couldn't come to Ben's because of the age restriction at the place. They certainly couldn't come to Katie's because, HELLO...it was a SPA party and boys are gross, according to Katie. So we will see them individually and hopefully stay friends:) Just kidding!
Jason's parents will come over for dinner at some point, his mom was sick the one day it was planned, to see them. I had my sister and parents over for a get together/birthday cake on another day. I think my sister and nephews were in shock that I didn't have a crowd, NO games, NO goodie bags and no hoopla. Just a good ol' day of playing fun!!! FYI, last year I had my wonderful brother-in-law, outside in the freezing temps helping me set up for a scavenger hunt and trying to put the pole in the ground for the pinata!!! He was soooo happy not to have to do that this year! Oh, I even made them share Ben's left over cake for our celebration with my sister!!!!!
Then Ben didn't want to bring anything to school for his special birthday treat. He told me he already had his party with his friends! WooHoo.
Katie of course couldn't imagine this!! But then she never mentioned bringing in treats either. WOW, I did end up having an easier time this year.
So there is my confession. My friends better be reading this!



Now Katie turns 8....

Poppy and Nana gave Katie a very special gift this year. It's a bed for her doll, Mia (AG). Poppy made it out of a piece of maple he had from his father. Two years ago he made Ben a beautiful set of blocks out of it too. It must be pretty big?!
Anyway, Nana, yes Nana, made the bedding with some help from her friend Mrs. Yates, an old family friend. Katie loves it!!! I do to because now, Mia has a place to stay.

Then she had her Spa Party with her girl friends....

This year she wanted a Spa Party at home with her friends. It turned out to be 12, 2nd grade girls. Thank goodness some couldn't come:)
Here are a few pics with her friends who's mom's I know won't mind them being on my blog.
Let me just say this...There was A LOT OF: SCREAMING, GIGGLING, NAIL POLISH SMELL, BUBBLES, SUGAR AND HAIR SPRAY GOING ON ALONG WITH TAYLOR SWIFT PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND! I went out for a drink with my friend when it was all over!!!!




1 comment:
So I'm wondering, with all the amazing festivities, how you still manage to feel guilty!!! You're amazing and those parties were AWESOME!
Post a Comment