Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm Back!!!

So I'm going to skip the pictures for now. I'm a little frustrated right now with the hole picture thing!
Our camera died the day before the Last Day of School in June!! My friend Kathy lent me her camera, THANK YOU, all summer!! The problem started when I went to use Picasa. I like it all the things you could do with it, but found myself getting very frustrated. It didn't help that I changed my background on my blog and that wasn't going well either.
So, I'm REALLY behind. Sorry.
I had to jump on because I feel like so much is happening I'm going to forget stuff!
Here's a quick SHE SAID/HE SAID....To get you back in the mood for checking in on my Blog.
*Driving in the car: The kids were acting really silly and I told them that they better not act like maniacs when we get (where we were going. Katie says, "Mom our brains are just crazy." Ben says, "Yeah we are maniacs and you're our maniac Mom!"
*Katie loves to tease me about how she is getting older. I think she likes to see me cry. So her favorite thing to do is tell me only 2 more years and then she's going to Middle School! Yikes!
*Ben telling me the morning of his kindergarten orientation. "Mom I have 3 tests today. I have to go to my new school. See my class and then take the bus home to see if I like it for a test."
*Ben told me since he's going to kindergarten tomorrow I HAVE to make him a surprise breakfast! Katie can not have a surprise breakfast because it's not her first day of kindergarten.
Do you think I've been making a really big deal of kindergarten?

Speaking of Ben going to kindergarten, honestly I can't talk about Katie. I get weepy every time I think about how much older she is getting. No joke.
So Ben hasn't really said much about going to school all summer. Whenever anyone said anything to him he didn't really say much. We went out (w/Katie) to get backpacks. It was a big decision. G.I. Joe, Transformers, Spiderman...Well, I thought it was going to be Transformers, but he picked Super Heroes! Then we needed to pick a lunch box...Spiderman! Katie wanted the messenger bag this year. She wanted Hannah Montana, I said no. Then she wanted High School Musical but we couldn't find one in that style anywhere. Finally she found a very cute heart pattern messenger bag style at Target. Phew.

Today we went to Ben's kindergarten orientation. Ben was able to visit his classroom for an hour and the parents left to go listen to the principal talk. He was a little nervous. On the way in he wouldn't let me take his picture. Stinker. He told me his tummy hurt a little. He wanted to wait at the door for his Daddy. He wanted to make sure Daddy knew where to go. Very sweet.
We went into the room and found his name on a set of tables. He was very serious. No smiles. No running in. We found his table. He looked at the name, hm, BENJAMIN. I saw his quizzical look. I said with excitement in my voice that he was going to learn how to write his BIG name just like Katie did! Oh. Then he checked his crayon box. Hmmm. Same thing. Then he moved on. Phew.
When we got back to the room, it was time to get his bus tag and go ride the bus home! He was excited and we had talked to him a lot about the ride and what to expect so I think that helped. We saw the very serious look again, but he got on the bus. Around him, there were several kids who needed reassurance that their parents were going to be at the house to get them off the bus!
Well, the ride went fine. He ran right off the bus and grabbed my hand. Ah, he held my hand. Okay, he still wants to hold my hand. I'm so happy. He didn't talk much about his day right away. Once I got home from work, he told me all about it. He had fun and is really looking forward to going back tomorrow.
Don't worry, we went over the bus rules again.

No comments: