Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ben Said....

Jason and I were watching the news this morning and a commercial for the fancy 1 cup coffee maker was on, you know the one, Geneve something. Jason commented how one of those would be so nice to have.
Ben appears from nowhere and says, "Dad you want to go spend your money on that! Go ahead, but I'm not!"

Grandpa Walter has a very bad eye infection and has not been feeling well for a few days. For dinner Ben puts all the drinks on the table and get Grandpa his beer. So we are sitting there and I said to Ben he didn't get Grandpa his beer.
With the most serious look on his face he says, "Mom, seriously do you think Grandpa needs a beer. He has an infection. He does not need a beer tonight."
Katie then adds, "Yeah, he might get addicted to it."

Yesterday we were driving in the car and as usual Katie and Ben were bickering about something ( I can't remember...). When they both don't like what the other is saying they will tell the other one, "You are not the parent!".
Well yesterday Ben actually knew the answer and I didn't. He was trying to tell Katie and she kept saying "You're not my parent so be quiet." Ben finally yells, "I am the parent about this!".

3 comments:

Mary said...

LOL! Those quotes are awesome! I love capturing that stuff. Lance calls anyone a pirate when they are being mean to him or he doesn't like what they are saying.

So about the 1 cup coffee machine. We got one a couple months ago.. the keurig brand. WE LOVE IT. I can drink decaf in the evening... Jay gets his reg. They're are flavors and did you know they even have hot chocolate ones (ahem..Ben!). So yes they are more expensive per cup than a coffee maker but they are cheaper than DD and we have been curbing our drive thru outings. And you can the flavor you want! I'll pay for that!

Kathy said...

your kids are SO funny Lynn!!!


I also heard that you can buy a little re-usable plastic cup in those one cup dealios ... so you can fill the refillable cup with whatever kind of coffee you want which reduces your cost ... just a thought - i have thought about getting one for myself since B never drinks coffee from home so I'm only making myself one cup each day!

GrayisGreen said...

Lynn,

We have one and don't use it. I even have some of the coffee beans that came with it. It is now yours as soon as we can get together. It even has a gold reusable filter so no paper taste gets in the coffee. We'll bring it when we meet for Christmas.
I love the kiddie stories!