Monday, January 6, 2014

Visual Person...

Katie is wondering why I'm printing out so much stuff lately!
"Your things are done printing." 
"What are you printing now?"

Usually I am on patrol of the printer because a certain tween girl who lives in our house loves to print pictures, sayings, ideas... lots of things! I don't blame her I love to print out things too but she does it so often she uses up all the ink! Ink is expensive! The other reason, Daddy has gone back to school and he was not to happy when he went to print his first paper and there was barely any ink! Yikes!

Sorry for the tangent. Back to what I'm printing. I am a very visual person. Very. I can recognize people, but rarely remember their name immediately. I do this thing where I go through the alphabet and think of names for each letter and WA-LA! I remember their name, sometimes days later. I know that's a little weird.

I love Post-It Notes. I use them like crazy at my office desk, the kitchen, my bedroom, my car, my NEW office space at home. Really anywhere. My mom likes to post notes too. I get it from her. Her kitchen cabinets never have fewer than at least 3 notes taped to the cabinet :)

I like to move things around to see what it might look like a different way. I like to look at things instead of touch things. I like to watch music videos over listening to music (not that I do that now with young children around...geez the videos are a bit too adult). I like to drive. I like to doodle (does that count?)

Anyway, I am printing out my wordclouds to hang up in key areas. I am printing out bible verses, writing some on post-its too. I have been printing a lot from the blog, A Holy Experience. This is the one I told you about by Ann Voskamp.

I have a few thoughts as to why I prefer visuals. I think I've always been more visual than auditory. I comprehend things better when I can see it. Stop and think. Process.
Yikes, another tangent. This one is coming from my professional world... early childhood special education teacher.

I'll stop now. I am off to go to print some more free printables. I just love that tab!



Ummm, now I need to go check that page out.

Goodnight.

~ Lynn

1 comment:

Mary said...

If I click on that link, will I get to bed before midnight? I'm afraid... hehe