Saturday, September 6, 2008

Catch Up

We had a very busy August and start to our September! Before the kids and I took our last trip up to Maine we squeezed in some more fun around here!
On Monday, my friend Caroline and I decided to take a road trip to IKEA. Cool, fun right? Well we had all 5 kids with us! Yipee let the fun begin. We did put them in the supervised play area. Some may say, "bad mom" but we wanted to be able to browse in peace. Plus all of our kids are so long and stick together we knew they would be okay. They had two nice older women there that day, we were nervous for a moment leaving Ben and Morgun, but our excitement for shopping for nonsense took over. So they run in and we sign the forms. Then we find out, we only have 45 minutes then they beep us! What?!? Do they know how BIG the store is? How are we suppose to do anything with that much time!!!! Don't worry we did and we went and got the kids when it was time. Then we went to lunch there. Yummy!!!! Of course we had to have some drama. Today it was Ben, he was so excited he kept forgetting to listen to me and have "good" behavior. So he lost his treat when we left (ice cream cone). So the funniest part of the whole trip was when I had him strapped in the cart and heading to the snack bar. He says, "Mom I wasn't bad." I said, "really? I don't think you had good behavior..." Then he announces with the most serious face, "Momma, I was good, you just think I wasn't good."
How could I not laugh!!!! He is so funny!! But he did not get any ice cream cone!

Then on Wednesday we decided to take the kids (same clan) to the zoo. We thought this would be good practice for our future road trip to Maine. Caroline and her 3 were coming up with us for a few days. So it took an hour to get to the zoo. We never once heard ourselves talk let alone think! They were soooo loud!
We had a very good time though and the kids were AWESOME!!! The crazy thing was, none of them fell asleep on the way home?!
Here are a few pics.




Then it was off to Maine with my friend and her 3 kids. My nephew, Liam, was up there so he had fun taking them out in the canoe and they all had fun taking out the paddle boat. We had a lot of fun. We had beautiful weather and the kids had a blast on the tube, riding in the boat and playing in the water. Liam had a mohawk and the other boys thought he was so cool, so guess what...yup Mason, Ben and Morgun got mohawks too.







Then Jason and I went back up to get Katie and Ben. We had a last fun weekend, great weather, minature golfing and hanging out at the lake.








Minature Golfing fun.
Ben and my Dad both got Hole in 1's. Can you believe it? Katie was ticked that Ben got one and she didn't! Oh well, girls still won!






1 comment:

Kathy said...

ok the pics just made me SO jealous!!!! wish I could have been there!

ps. Liam looks thrilled in those pics!

=)