Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BEN'S THINKING...I LOVE IT!


So for the last week Ben has started to get up before me and come into my bed. The first thing he tells me is about his dream. He has talked about his dreams a few other times, but never for a few days in a row. When he's done he wants to hear about my dreams.
Well today, he is soooo cute, he tells me that he dreamed that he lost me. He couldn't find me anywhere and he looked all over. I said how that must have made him sad. He then says, "Why couldn't I find you. Where were you?"
I said, "I don't know, I wasn't in your dream."
Ben says, "Yes you were, I just told you that you were in my dream. Where were you?"
Me, "No honey, you dream your own dreams and I dream my own dreams. If I'm in your dream it doesn't mean I had the same dream."
Ben thinks and then touches my head. "You were in my dream."
Me, "No..."
Ben, "Oh, you mean your dreams are in your mind and my dreams are in my brain?"
Me, "yes."

Another Ben story.
Katie got asked to the flower girl in her Uncle Ryan's wedding to Amy. Amy called and asked her and as you can guess she was very excited! She kept going on and on how she was going to be in a wedding and wear a pretty dress.
So we're sitting on my bed one night talking and she is again talking about being a flower girl and Ben is watching intently. Katie says she going to have to practice how to be a flower girl.
Well Ben pipes in, "Oh no Katie, you don't have to practice. You already know how to be a flower girl. You already know how to water flowers!"

I could not stop laughing I thought I was going to PEE in my pants!!!
Katie of course just shook her head.
OH Ben, how I love the way he thinks!!!

1 comment:

Les said...

I just love Ben's thought process. I still tell everyone about when he knocked down the ceramic dog off the shelf. When I asked him what happened, he just picks up the little black dog and says "Boy this is a really cute dog". Like he doesn't know how it got there on the floor.
Poppy