Saturday, March 21, 2009

Few Updates...

Our children are driving us crazy!
Why? All they do is fight! Is this normal for girl-boy siblings? I mean I have an older sister and I know we fought but this is ridiculous! Just when I think it's getting better...BAM! They start up again for a week straight. I don't know what else to take away. And yes, I've gone the other way and tried to do extra special things with them both and individually. So it's not like they've been neglected. I mean, I've cut waayyyy back on my Facebook time. (HaHaHa) Seriously I have. This is my second trip to Facebook rehab.

Anyway I digress....Updates Please...
Jason had a gall stone attack and had to drive himself to the ER Wednesday night! We didn't know what was wrong when he left at 12:30 AM. He had TERRIBLE pain in his upper abdomen. He was admitted to the hospital and released on Friday. He passed the stone and is almost back to normal...a little tummy trouble if ya know what I mean:)

While he was in the hospital we called him on the phone. The following is what Ben asked him immediately the first time he talked to him. First he said "Hi Dad."
Then he asked the following three questions with Jason barely able to give him an answer between questions.
1. How are they taking care of you?
2. What kind of food are they giving you?
3. How is your stomach?

Katie had some exciting news to share with Daddy and after she asked him how he was feeling she told him all about her dinner out with her principal. Yes, you read correct. At the school book fair a few weeks back Katie entered the raffle to have dinner with the principal. She bought several tickets and REALLY wanted to win! She found out last week that she did and has been beaming ever since.
So Thursday night was the big night. Great night, with Jason in the hospital but he was on the mends and I wouldn't dream of cancelling.
Well, she had a great time and her principal said she was a "delight"! My mom and I were a nervous wreck about what she might talk about, but she assured me Katie was fine and she didn't learn anything to bad about us! Phew!!!!
They went out to dinner and Katie got her usual, grilled cheese. Then they went back to her house and made a chocolate cream pie and read a story together! WoW! What a fun night.
Don't worry, Katie warned her principal about Ben coming to her school next year. She told her he never sits still. It could have been worse! She also told her about Grandpa Walter, he can't hear. Could have been worse :D
See....PHEW!

In other news....
Ben loves to help me bake Oatmeal Cookies! This has become a fun treat for both of us to do together!

I've been doing Weight Watcher's for 3 weeks and have lost 8 1/2 pounds! I have a wonderful support system with Jason being my head cheerleader!! Thanks honey for all the support!

Katie came home with her report card this past week. As expected she has continued to do very well in 2nd grade. She loves to write stories and is always on the look out for a good topic. She especially likes to write about her two best friends, animals and what she likes to do. Her next big story to be published is about Grandpa Walter. I can't wait to read that one! She also loves math. Her teacher wrote and has told us that she is very good at word problems.
OK, Mom and Dad, STOP LAUGHING!!!! She does not get this from me.
I am thankful for Jason for many reasons. Right now the biggest is that he understands Math and isn't afraid of math!

The kids and Jason have been going on hikes the last two Saturdays with their grandparents. They go to a nice trail and the kids really enjoy it. One Saturday they also took a walk at the bird sanctuary in our town. Spring is coming...

I am turning 36 next week and I'm okay with that. Last year leading up to my 35th I was pretty miserable. I think I've had such a good year and made so many positive changes that I'm ready for 36! We'll see how I feel after I have my first Mamo...

No comments: