Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun Weekend


Ben

Katie

Today after church we went grocery shopping as a family. I know what you're thinking. Why? Well, to be honest when we go after church and Jason is with me, I go a lot faster. We are in and out, because they all drive me crazy!
I do, in a strange way, enjoy stopping at the store on my way home from work. I enjoy taking my time and browsing going up and down the aisles all by myself. I love to look for deals and try to stay within my allotted budget. The best part is when I get up to the check out and get to put all the items on the belt. I bet you think I'm not thinking to hard about it, at this point. Well you are wrong!! Just like when I load my dishwasher this is the only other area of my life where I like to do things in an orderly way. I think, "what do I want to load into the cart first?" "How will I arrange it in my car?" "I don't want my bread to get squished or my salad stuff smooched."
I know you are probably shocked by this and at the same time, hope you never get stuck behind me in line. Have no fear, I'm actually pretty fast now!
So I digressed for a moment there. Sorry. So we all went for our big, beginning of the month shopping extravaganza. I go to Shop Rite and LOVE the DEALS! My mom got me hooked on this store a few years ago and I can't give it up. I occasionally wander and go to Stop & Shop. I will admit, the scanners at S&S were VERY tempting to switch over. No, I'm faithful, unless I need to only pick up a few things on the weekend down near me!

After unloading all the groceries Jason was tired and decided to go lay down. Katie and Ben were outside. As I picked up, Katie came in and asked if we could go to the beach. Hmm. Not my favorite place, at all. Then I remembered my goal and promise to myself, I would take the kids to the beach a lot more this summer. Since Jason was taking a nap, we did a quick pack-up of snacks, drinks, towels and toys and jumped in the van and wham, bam we were there in 10 minutes. Although I don't like the beach, we are only 10 minutes away from our town beach. I need to take advantage. The kids love it. It's the perfect size beach and has a jetty to take a walk. We went at 2:30, so by 3:30 it was getting chilly. We headed home by 4 pm.

Yesterday, I went to WW and I'm happy to report that I am back on track after my 3lb slip with Jason being in the hospital. Then I went to go get my emissions done. It was expired. Well, I was shocked to learn that meant my car registration was expired!!! I had no idea I told the young kid at the hole in the wall emissions place, that the emissions and car registration went together. When did that happen I asked!? He wasn't to interested in my questions. He said I better get to the DMV this week! Well since there is a DMV 5 minutes away and it was only 10 am on Saturday, I decided to get my butt down there now! So I stopped for an Iced Coffee at D&D and headed down there. WoW the information line was long! As I waited I listened to all the stories being told around me. I got really nervous when the lady sitting next to the info line was telling a similar story to me. She had to get a number and wait. Hmmm. I was hoping to get this taken care of at the info counter. Oh, dear. I stopped drinking my coffee because I was getting nervous and didn't want to have to rush to the bathroom. Sorry, I know TMI!!! I was worried.
Well, $95 later, and no number, I was DONE!!! Phew.
Now, learn from my mistake...when you go to DMV to change your address make sure you don't just get a sticker for the back of your license, make sure the lady punches it into the computer. That way, you get your DMV notices!!!! DMV notices don't get forwarded in CT!! How ridicoulous is that!
Then it was off to a karate birthday party for Ben. It was a lot of fun and Ben was tired!
That night we watched Hotel for Dogs. Very cute movie. I would say a good family movie that the parents won't mind watching. I didn't even go on FB while watching!

So that's it in a nutshell. Now it's back to work tomorrow. Oh yeah, Jason goes to the doctor for his check-up tomorrow afternoon. He is feeling really good. Still tired, but little pain all day long! Yay.

4 comments:

Holly Hjelt said...

Seriously. You crack me up. Thanks for the laughs. xoxo

Kathy said...

I hope I never get behind you in the grocery line!!!!! haha, just kidding, I actually do the same thing at the grocery store! {plus I pay with ones a lot so ppl get annoyed with ME!}

love that you went to the beach - we will have to do that together this summer because we love the beach!

Stacey Pittsinger said...

You are too funny. Isn't it still a little too cool for the beach though?..at least for a southern girl like me it is.

kbmama said...

Stacy--It was way to chilly for me, but I didn't for my very warm blooded children!

Kathy--Watching the lady in front of me pay with one's would drive me bonkers!!! Unless you used coupons, then I'd be excited to see how much you saved. You know I like to people watch :)