Well things here have been moving right along with keeping the front porch (entry way) picked up and trying to stay on top of the #2 drop zone...one counter in the kitchen! The armoire on the porch was one of my better ideas! I wish I had done it a lot sooner! We are all doing well with putting our shoes in the bottom cabinet (laundry basket) for the most part. I also love having my "Memory Box" for the kids school papers in there. It keeps it out of the way and helps me keep my saving to a minimum. I use to have a box for each child, but it was getting to be too much. I was saving everything.
I have not ventured on to the other areas of the house that I want to do a clean sweep of just yet. I am keeping with the idea that I have to be successful in one area before tackling another zone. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I was also working on drop zone #3, my dresser. It has it's good days and not so good days. It is better than it has been in a long time. One great idea I got from Kathy was to use one of those cloth boards with ribbon on it (usually in kitchens or near a desk) to hang my ear rings from. Love it! I get to see all my ear rings hanging together and some of my favorite photos as I get ready!
I have to remember that I started all of this first round of CLEAN SWEEP when I was off from school. Once we all got back into school and back in our routine it has been harder to stay on top of everything when we work all day and get home and are go, go, go with the normal everyday "stuff".
Anyway....
In other news...
Ben has started T-Ball! It is a hoot to say the least watching a bunch of 5 & 6 year old boys out on the field. We are very blessed and have an awesome coach! He is so patient with them, but firm. He is a vice principal and really knows how to talk to them without yelling. One of the dads is his assistant and he is great too. They seem to have gotten Ben's M.O. and are staying on top of him. As in school, Ben loves to make all the other kids laugh. Yup, he is the class clown. The more they laugh, the more he falls on the ground or hits himself on the head or throws his glove over his head....I could go on.
Well, tonight was the first game. It is so funny to watch them all either all run and dive for the ball or no one runs because they are all goofing off and not paying attention! We only have one elementary school in town so all the boys know each other from recess at least by sight. At one point I heard Ben say to a player on the other team who happens to be in his class, "Hey, I didn't know you were here."





^
I just LOVE these two pictures Jason caught!
|
The idea of having a soft spoken coach is a welcome relief for us after the T-Ball experience we had with Katie. Her T-Ball coach was a yeller. I just don't think that is necessary when you're teaching 5 and 6 year olds!
So, the boys did great tonight. They all get a turn hitting and each inning the coaches made sure the boys moved around and tried different positions on the field. Overall Ben did great. He goofed off at times, wore a batting helmet on the field and even made a play at first! The last two innings both teams were looking good and the boys were actually paying attention. Great job coaches!!!
New Rock Wall/Patio Update
We see GREEN!!!!
1 comment:
i just gave you the Versatile blogger award. you can check it out on my latest post.
love you!!!!
Post a Comment