Since Katie was not feeling well and Jason needed a nap to recover from his over zealous night of playing football and volleyball, I decided instead of just sitting around I'd take Ben out. He wanted to go somewhere, preferably to a pool. Hmmm.
Well, how about an adventure I asked. That sounded good to him! So he packed his red back pack and off we went to Chatfield Hollow. It's not far at all from our house. I was hoping since it was close to 3 pm we wouldn't have to pay or at least pay full price, but we did. I was surprised it was only $9 for all day. Not bad for a state park with toilets, clean swimming pond and lots of cool walks in the woods!
So...beautiful afternoon + nearby state park = Adventure time for Ben & Mommy!
Heading out!
Ben took my photo!
We crossed the brook over a rock path. Ben was so proud of me!
They have a cute little nature center for the kids.
Ben was very interested in the beehives.
Our Map!
Lots of Rocks to navigate on the paths.
Ben was very cute with making sure I was doing okay
and I think surprised at my hiking skills since I always tell him I'm fragile after
my ankle breaks!
2 comments:
that place looks awesome! we will have to take a 'field trip' there in the fall!
I'll have to check this out one day. Great photos. Looks like you had a great day! I hope K feels better soon.
Post a Comment